วันอาทิตย์ที่ 15 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Sony Bravia S Series KDL 32S5100 32 Inch Worked well for 2.5 years but seeing ports fail now

Sony Bravia S-Series KDL-32S5100 32-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV, Black
Sony Bravia S-Series KDL-32S5100 32-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV, Black Read more...

  • High-End Quality
  • 2 Component And 1 Pc Are Provided To Connect All Of Your Hd Devices Including Playstation 3
  • Full Hd 1080P Resolution And Stunning Contrast
  • Digital Video Processor For A Superior Resolution
  • Features Advanced Contrast Enhancer (Ace) For An Impressive Dynamic Contrast Ratio Of 30,000:1

  • Typical Sony proprietary BS The dongle needed to be purchased for wifi access should be noted in large boldfaced letters on the box and or on the internet before all else. The TV software is updated regularly and it loses your settings for amazon video. Remember your password for SONYSTYLE als it will not forward password resets correctly. SONY get your act together. Had similar problems in past with their itune version weak. Burned again by Sony. TV istself is fine but since I purchased it for Netfix and Amazon video and it works sporadically. I must give it a 1 star rating look eslewhere.
    Replace Screen Display after 12 months to the tune of $650! I purchased this TV via Amazon.com on January 11 2010. On January 27 2011 the screen went black when I took it into the repair shop they said I needed to replace the screen display to the tune of $650.00 more than I paid for the TV $500. When I asked the technician if this was unusual after only a year his replay these TV's are built for price not for quality.
    The Sony HdTv 1080p 32in sseries is awesome Thank you for the product. It is great the picture and sound qualities is the best state of the art. I would definite recommend friends to buy this TV at Amazon. The shipping was fast and everything was all brand new from the box.
    Sony HDTV I am pleased with my Sony HDTV. It provides a high quality picture. I would rate it as similar in quality to Samsung.
    short life I bought this primarily to use as a monitor for my Vaio. Getting the two to work together and get the correct resolution was a bit of work but Sony support was helpful. The TV worked great for about a year and it has a oneyear warranty. After one year the screen would randomly get a dark yellow haze and the picture would act as if it were in slow motion. This was for both TV and as a computer monitor. Eventually it got unbearable and I had to replace the TV.I bought this because I thought Sony was a solid brand. I have 2 other friends with the same TV and all they had to replace there's too after 23 years. So much for Sony quality.
    Where has Sony QC gone??? I've managed to experience all of the glitches reported with this set audio cuts out almost like old school station drift from cable box. channel must be changed in order to rectify. Red flash where set tries to resolve background and skin tones shifts back and forth continuously from red to neutral colors. VERY annoying. try watching a hockey game or an episode of the Office HDMI inputs seems to often not pick up signal even working with SONY PS3 and SONY Sound BarOn the plus side black levels and resolution are goodUPDATE 1/2011 Even the 'easy' firmware update via USB does not work for me looks like the USB port is shot and does not read the software on the stick sent from Sony. So now I am completely screwed and can't even take advantage of the firmware update. It's not worth having a tech look at the POS now that it is out of warranty. Wow.
    Worked well for 2.5 years but seeing ports fail now I bought this TV 2.5 years ago and I was quite happy with the price and the TV for quite a while. I have not applied a firmware update to it yet.The only long standing issue that I haven't been able to resolve is that for a dark scene on the TV the TV will dim so much that I can't see the details of what is going on. This happens in dark and well lit rooms. I've tried messing with the settings and turning up the backlight and brightness but it hasn't really helped.The picture is clear and crisp and the blacks appear quite deep. I got it mounted up on the wall with no problems and the side ports are really helpful. But trying to access the rear ports while it is mounted is a major pain.My largest problem started only 2 weeks ago.
    Do not buy this TV! I bought this TV sight unseen assuming that it would be a quality product because of the brand name. I was wrong. The picture is not nearly as good as other brands in this price range and I have had an intermittant problem with the power supply for the last 3 months. The TV would turn itself off randomly without any timers being set. Tonight the TV fails to turn on and Sony customer service fails to help. I now have to take a TV that I still think of as new to the repair shop. I bought this TV 1 1/2 years ago. Of course the warranty expired in one year. I have never had to repair any other TV I have owned. Very dissappointed in Sony products. If this TV is unable to be repaired then I will be purchasing one from a company that is better known for their craftsmanship.
    check thiss out thinking of getting bravia KDLS1500 but now i'm thinking twice after reading some reviews. my maw has the KDLS1500 and she has not had any prob. right now i have a new samsong and i cant get the stretch look out. its connected to my dellpc. On my moms kdl it can be put on zoom and that takes the stretch out. also i cant get the screws all the way in on the back. i'm stuck on wich one to go with. im still within the return option.
    Worst customer service experience in my life. Update doesn't work with Mac I'll never buy anything from Sony again after purchasing this TV. I have been on customer service calls 3 different times. Not only does the sound suck my HDMI ports do not work on the TV. Upon first working with my cable company trying different HDMI cables cable boxes and TVs we discovered that it IS this TV which has a faulty HDMI port.On my first call with customer support we tried resetting everything and then they suggested the firmware update which you download from their eSupport site. After downloading and saving to a USB the update didn't work. So they were supposed to mail me the firmware update within 10 business days. That was Nov. 1st 2010. I never received the update so I called customer support again near the end of November. Again was supposed to receive the update via mail in 10 business days from that point. Again nothing.It's December 27 2010 and my warranty is up today. I went and bought approved USB drives today to try again. Didn't work. So I decided to give one more call to customer support. After talking with the guy in India he said my update is pending and I told him my warranty is up today and I need to replace the TV. He gave me a number to call and said to all them during normal business hours and he said they should be able to help you with the update and warranty. So in other words by 12am tonight my warranty is up and I will basically be stuck with this crap TV. When relaying this info to the customer service rep he basically told me yes that I'm screwed.Goodbye Sony. It's all Samsung for me now.
    Read more...


    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น